Monday, August 3, 2009

Randomness - Part 48

The other night I decided that I might get creative in the kitchen. I read a recipe for sweet and sour chicken. Okay, well it wasn't exactly sweet and sour chicken this is where my creativeness started to kick in. The recipe sounded good as I read it and with a few substitutions, I thought I had everything I needed to make a dish that resembled Chinese take out.



My husband has challenged me to cook more and us eat out less. It had gotten pretty bad. Not my cooking, the eating out part! We were eating out way too much. But can I tell you that since we are not suppose to be eating out much now it is all I want. This is why diets do not work for me because once you tell me I can't have something it is all I think about!



Now back to my supper. I started making the sauce for the chicken and it was smelling good until I made one fatal substitution. In case you were ever wondering...CountryTime lemonade powder is not a good substitute for lemon juice.



I know, I KNOW who would even think that it would be. It was just a moment of weakness in my creativeness. Next time, if there is one, I will atleast make the lemonade and then do the substitution.



I do have to tell you that I was able to salvage my dinner. I poured the sauce down the drain, but I did make delicious fried rice with stir fried chicken. You will never guess what I battered my chicken in...pancake mix.



I can't take the credit for the pancake mix because I got that one from Rachel Ray. She uses it to make chicken nuggets. It really was yummo!



Now on to another topic for your reading pleasure!



I do not know what came over me today. I got into a cleaning mode and even broke out a toothbrush to scrub with. I cleaned out one of the draws in our bathroom that had not been cleaned out in nine years. I have to tell you that it felt really good. Today was only part 1. Unfortunately, I can not clean as fast as I use to. I get so distracted.

Let me just tell you how distracted I get. This morning I started a load of laundry. I like to put the detergent in the water and let it fill up a little. I was washing whites, so I also added my bleach. I come back in about 30 minutes to put that load in the dryer and start another load. Guess what I had forgotten to do?

Yes, I forgot to put the clothes in the washer. And I am ashamed to tell you that it took me a minute to figure out where my clothes went. I knew it was going to be a long day!

Have a great one!




post signature

No comments: