Monday, August 10, 2009

Ms. Kelton Would Be So Proud!

I spent most of my day yesterday at my kid's school unloading boxes of books. Our school was remodeled this year and so the library had to be packed up and unpacked. I honestly needed to go lay down.


It wore me out!


All those books made me think about my elementary school Librarian, Ms. Kelton. To be honest, she scared me. I kid you not when I tell you that one of my classmates in 4th grade wet her pants, while standing on the library rug, all because she was too scared to ask Ms. Kelton if she could go to the bathroom.


I kid you not!


Isn't it funny the crazy stuff that you remember.


I guess the smell of all those old books just took me down memory lane. I use to love going to the library at school. I felt so big and important being able to check out a book. And even though Ms. Kelton scared me, I remember she would let me use the date stamp and ink pad. Oh, I felt important alright!


On a totally different note but one that is very funny. Sunday night after church a bird pooped on my face!

Yes, you read the last sentence correctly.

I was standing outside painting on the back of my friends car window (we are advertising of an upcoming conference) and all the sudden I felt something like a wet splat on my face. At first I thought the window paint marker had gotten on me until I saw my reflection in the window. My response was "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!"

There it was, bird poop sitting on my cheek. My mother-in-law's response was "thank goodness you didn't have your mouth open!"

Her wisdom did give me something to be thankful for in that moment because let me tell you that if bird poop got in my mouth...well, I can't even imagine what I would have done aside from spitting and gagging!

I was hoping that the bird poop incident was not a sign of what my week was going to be like and so far it has not been.

My incident gives new meaning to bird watching!


post signature

P.S. I have no idea what is up with the weird spacing in this blog post. It was not intentional, unless of course you like it!

No comments: