Thursday, September 2, 2010

Too, Too Funny!

This week I have been burning the midnight oil. Night before last I was still looking at the clock at 2:00 am. And last night I was still sending out emails at midnight. By 12:15 am, my back was hurting and I thought I was going to have to crawl to bed. As I headed to the bedroom, I remembered that all my daughter's clothes (or atleast the ones she will wear) were wet in the washer. So, I had to deal with that. My eyes were watering because I couldn't quit yawning. After finishing the laundry, I went to get my pjs on and got a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The woman looking back scared me. I had black rings around my eyes from all the watering and yawning and lack of waterproof mascara. But instead of taking off my makeup, I decide to just crawl in the bed. Thankfully Cliff was already asleep because I am certain he would have screamed at the sight of me. I do have to add that while my mascara was a mess, my lipstick was still perfection. I wear the Cover Girl kind that stays on all day and yes it does work. That was just a little side note.

Well, you can just imagine what a sight I was when I woke up. My hair was in desperate need of some shampoo, my eyes were raccoonish, my lips were still looking pretty good even after all the drool and well, my nightgown should really be retired. I was a vision!

As you can guess, due to my lack of sleep, I hit the snooze one or maybe 8 times. All I know is that it was 7:00, my daughter had to have a bath with her hair washed (oh, joy), they both had to have clothes ironed, eat breakfast and be out the door by 7:40. I was running like a crazy woman. By the time we all arrived at the breakfast table, the only choices due to time were cereal or pb&j sandwich. My son doesn't like cereal and my daughter doesn't eat peanut butter. So they finally decided, after a few panicked pleas from me, to have a pb&j sandwich and a jelly only sandwich. When I got them out the door at 7:42 am, I had to hold onto the door knob to keep from colapsing in the floor. I would love to tell you that I was all happy and jolly, but the truth is that my morning look matched my attitude. I was a little gruff with an occational smile, so as not to scare the children.

So, this afternoon when I read BooMama's post I laughed until I cried because I could relate on so many levels. You have to go right now and read this post. I am not trying to be bossy, but stop right now and go read it. You also must watch the video. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Then come back and share your reaction with me in the comments. I laughed so hard I was crying and having to use my shirt to catch the tears.

By the way, the Ibex's bangs resemble mine this morning!

I can't wait to hear from you!

post signature

No comments: