Thursday, September 9, 2010

On His Mind

God has been teaching me a very valuable lesson in trusting Him. What I have learned is that I say I trust Him, but when He does not do things in my timing or in the way I think it should be that I start trying to come up with "Plan B".

When God has told you to go with Plan A, trying to come up with Plan B is not trusting Him.

I have been getting a lesson in sitting back and doing nothing but trusting Him. That is very easy to say, but so very hard to do.

I am a doer. I like to do things to make things happen, but at some point I have to stop doing and just start trusting. God has had me at that point for several weeks now.

While I have been struggling with learning this lesson, I started a new devotional book for my quiet time. I absolutely love the devo book. The name of the book is Jesus Calling written by Sarah Young.

The most amazing thought came to me yesterday during my quiet time. I started my time with prayer and I asked the Lord to please speak to me. Ladies, I was desperate to hear from Him. Have you been there?

And then, I read the devotional for the day. Here is what it said...

"Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely, resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness."

I was awestruck before Him. I could not speak only cry. And then this thought came to me. I was on His mind when He inspired Sarah Young to write this devotional. He knew what my September 8th was going to look like and He knew exactly what I needed to hear.

The thought was more than I could comprehend. And then it was as if He whispered to me "you are never off my mind."

I don't know who else needs to hear this, but we are never off His mind. We are never out of His sight. We are never out of reach to Him. He knows what every second of my life is going to look like, after all He ordained them. I hope that brings you comfort. He is El Roi, The God Who Sees. And He sees you right this very moment and His eyes are so full of love as He gazes at you!

post signature

No comments: