Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh Yes He Did!

Over the last few weeks, God has allowed me to witness His presence in my life. I was at a point where I just collapsed in a heep before Him and declared that I could not do any more. It was where He wanted me all along. I needed to expend all of myself and realize that what God had asked of me was beyond me.

That is a hard lesson for me to learn. I seem to have to relearn it pretty often.

The Real Me Conference was this past weekend and it was great. I was the speaker for the women's portion and I shared testimony of what God has been doing in my life this year. It was very difficult to open up and allow everyone to see the "Real Me." I had prayed up to the conference that God would give me the strength to be able to speak of what He had done and not just stand and cry. I spoke, but it was through tears.

My testimony is one of freedom. This year, the Lord set me free from an area of sin in my life that has defeated me for years. I am going to do some posts soon telling my story. I know based on the comments that women shared with me, that my struggle is a common one. I want to share my story with others and I may be feeling the urge to start writing all of this down. Who knows what will come of it, (well, God knows!) but I still would like to have it all written down.

There is no struggle that is too much for Him. The key is just letting it go and letting Him have it. That is very easy to type and say, but so very hard to do. But as I learned, it is the only way to have true freedom.

No comments: