Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Real Me Conference

Late one night last spring, I decided that I could not go to bed with dishes in my sink. I'll be honest, normally that doesn't bother me. I had no idea what God had in store for me as I stood washing my dishes in the wee hours of the morning.


Christian music was playing in the background and God began to speak to my heart. The conversation was about my need to be real and for other women to be real, for us to know who we are in Christ. That night He set ablaze a passion inside of me that I could only describe to others as a fire. It either had to get out or I was going to combust!

I stood at my sink having a conversation with the Lord. And even though I could not see Him, His presence was overwhelming. And then, He began to give me a vision for what I was to do with my new found passion. Literally I could see with my minds eyes a worship center filled with teens and women all praising the Lord together. I will never forget saying aloud "show me more, please show me more!" Tears were streaming down my face because what I was experiencing was just too much.

As you can imagine, sleep was not to be had that night. I tried going to bed, but my mind was racing. It took every ounce of restraint in me not to call some of my friends at 2:00 in the morning. I have never been so glad to see the sun rise.

After my family was off to work and school, I started making phone calls. The first person I called was my childhood best friend, Heather Richardson. I knew that she was suppose to lead the worship. I was almost breathless as I tried explaining what had happened during the night. I detailed for her the vision God had given me and there on the phone was born The Real Me Conference.

It was very obvious that God was up to something amazing because everyone I told about it was so excited. I remember going to Sunday School and sharing everything with my friend Michelle. She insisted that I come tell her Bible Study group about it because they had been praying for something like that. What I did not know that night in my kitchen was that God was planting the same passion into the hearts of so many women.

I can honestly tell you that last year's conference was almost effortless. It was truly amazing and I thank God for the priviledge of being a part of it. Right before my eyes, I saw lives changed. Not because of anything I or anyone else did, but all because of what God did. It was all for His glory!

And I sit here tonight just a little over a week away from The 2nd Annual Real Me Conference. I did not know in the beginning that it would continue on, but it became very apparent to us that God wanted it to happen again this year.

This year I can say with confidence that God has something very special in store for us again. It would take too long for me to tell you all the ways we have seen God working just in the planning of the conference. I personally have been getting a lesson in trusting God. I have been reminded on numerous occasions that my ways are not His and my timing is not His timing. I would be lying if I said that I have gotten it all down pat. Apparently I am a little hard headed!
But I am trying to learn to just lean on Him. After all, His ways are so much higher than mine.

I hope you will be able to come to the conference next weekend. I am excited about the message God has been growing in my heart to share with the women. And I can not wait to worship Him together with girls of all ages!



post signature

No comments: