Thursday, March 10, 2011

How Busy Are You?

I had to go back to the doctor today because these lovely sinuses of mine are DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I use to never be bothered by the beautiful bloomings of spring, but over the last few years that has all changed. Normally I can handle the symptoms with some over the counter stuff, but this time it decided to settle in my ear. MawMaw here can't handle an ear ache! I went on that rant to say that the nurse asked me if I was tired. She and I both started laughing and confessed that we are never not tired.

I want to share with you what my devotional said this morning. This comes from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (you need this book if you don't have it). Sarah writes as if Jesus is speaking directly to you. Today it said, "I have prepared this day for you with the most tender concern and attention to detail. Instead of approaching the day as a blank page that you need to fill up, try living it in a responsive mode: being on the lookout for all that I am doing. This sounds easy, but it requires a deep level of trust, based on the knowledge that My way is perfect."

This is so contrary to how I live my life. I pack my days full and hope to squeeze God in to what I already have planned. What I have been reminded of over the last few days is that God has a plan and a purpose for everyday of my life. If I busy my days with meaningless stuff then I miss out on what God had planned for me.

How do we know what God has planned for us?

We have to ask Him. We have to be still before Him and listen to His prompting. We have to read His Word. These things don't just happen, we have to be intentional about them.

Can I tell you that one of satan's biggest tricks that he uses on us is to keep up busy. He has been using it for generations and we keep falling for it. It is time that we wise up to his schemes!

I hope you will join me in examining your days and seeing if you are like me and just too busy for God.

On a totally different note...I have to add this for my friend Michelle. My friend is very organized and I am not so much. Well, I was at my friend's house last night and left encouraged to get more organized. So today while I was out, I picked up some containers to organized my medicine, bandaids, etc. I keep all of this stuff in my kitchen and it was in desperate need of help. I get busy working and discover that I have lots of stuff that has expired. I finally get it all organized and back in the cabinet. My sweet daughter was working on her homework and said, "I don't even know whose house this is!" I asked what she was talking about and she just pointed to the shelf and said "we are not that organized!" I love it!

Pray for me...this weekend I'll be entertaining a house full of seven and eight years olds as we celebrate my daughter turning 8! (I can't really discuss it because the thought that she is eight is more than I can handle!)

post signature

No comments: