Thursday, March 24, 2011

Something to make you laugh!

I have opted not to post because all that has really been on my mind is my watery eyes, hacking cough and headache. And let's be honest...who really wants to hear about that? So last night as I was laying in the bathtub dosing on an off (I laid in there for almost an hour) I remembered a funny story that I wanted to share.

Several years ago, my childhood best friend was moving back to this area after being gone for about two years. Since we had not seen each other for two years, we decided to rent a cabin in the mountains for the weekend. We included our families in the mini reunion.

So the weekend arrives and as we are on our way up the highway, I tell my husband that I am not feeling well. My not feeling well, turned into an emerency stop on the side of the road for me to "hang my head" if you know what I mean. I felt better and decided that maybe I had just gotten car sick. We continue on our way to the cabin. As time passes, I am certain that I didn't get car sick. I had a lovely stomach bug.

The big selling feature of our cabin was the jacuzzi tub. The owners really liked their tub. This was not the selling feature for us, but it was a big bathtub. I think we all could have fit in it because it was huge! Since I was feeling all achy and yucky, I decided I would go for a soak.

I am not exaggerating when I tell you that it took forever to fill the tub up. I was laid back in the tub just waiting for the water to cover the jets. My arms were resting on the sides of the tub (a.k.a. small swimming pool) The button to turn on the jets is right at the tips of my fingers on my right hand. Finally the water is covering the jets. With my eyes barely open, I reach and tap the button to turn on the jets. The water begins to gush out and I crack my eyes open just enough to see black stuff shotting out. For some reason, in my mind I immediately think of rats and assume that I am now taking a bath with rats. In less than two seconds, I am out of the tub and screaming.

Once I collect myself, I discover that I am not taking a bath with rats just large sheets of black mold!

I look down to see that I am covered in the mold. To say I am grossed out is an understatement! I run over to jump in the shower to get the mold off. When I turn on the water, I discover that the shower head is pointing straight at my face. So now I'm the one that looks like a wet rat.

As a result of that experience, I have decided that I will not longer use other people's jetted tubs. I think it is a really good rule to live by and one you might want to consider adopting.

I was reminded of this story last night as I reached to turn on the jets in my bathtub. Thankfully I was not greeted by rats or black mold, just a giggle or two.


post signature

No comments: