Thursday, January 27, 2011

Degree in Design

I mentioned in my previous post that I found some new curtains for my dining room. I have draped them on the window to make sure that I like them and I really think I do. They seem to go well with the decor I have in the dining room. And by decor I mean the two pictures that are hanging on the wall.

I do have to tell you about my other curtain experience last week. We have lived in our house for almost 11 years and I have never hung curtains in our living room because I didn't know what to hang. We have one window next to the fireplace and then we have a door leading to the deck on the other side of the fireplace. This has always caused me issues because I wasn't sure what to do with the door. So I decided to do nothing.

Well several months ago I found some curtains on clearance at Target and I liked them and they were cheap, so of course I bought them. Do you see the clearance theme here? They sat in my closet up until last week because someone needed to convince someone else to hang a curtain rod. So last Thursday I talked him into it.

He hung the rod for me and then I go to hanging my curtains. I bought three valances and one panel. It was all they had left, so I got them. In my mind I thought that the one panel would be okay because I would sweep it to the side. I hung them up and then my husband informs me that they are the ugliest things he has ever seen. He thought I was joking when I hung them. He said that it looked like half of my curtains were missing. I was laughing and then I said this to him..."What do you know about decorating? Do you know how much HGTV I have watched!"

As soon as I said it I just started laughing. I threw out my tv watching as if it earned me some type of degree. Too funny!

In the end, I agreed with him and thought the one panel looked bad. So now I just have a valance and I'm happy with it.

I think for now I am happy with my curtains.

Enjoy your Friday!

No comments: