Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Belated New Year!

Well this morning was painful! We have been schedule free for two weeks and having to get up and get going this morning was not very fun. I think the kids did better than I did! I do have a valid excuse...the person sharing my bed with me had a hacking cough all night. I wanted to sigh heavily and flop around in the bed, but it was his birthday so I refrained.

We had a great Christmas. We were very thankful that we were all well. Last Christmas, my daughter was sick and was quite pitiful. You know a child is sick when they don't want to open their presents. But this year everyone was up to opening their presents. My most favorite part of Christmas is Christmas morning. Several years ago we started a new tradition of having our parents come over for breakfast. I don't want to brag, but this year I was actually ahead of the game and I prepared my breakfast goodies in advance. I made the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls. These are the best cinnamon rolls in the world! I also made my friend Malissa's sausage and cream cheese pinwheels. And they are equally delicious! We also had pigs in the blanket and some fruit and it was all so yummy! We all ate together and then the kids got to show their grandparents what they got for Christmas. It is just so much fun and this year I took the time to savor it.

We have been super busy because we also have birthdays to celebrate. My son is now in the double digits and this mama can hardly believe it! I can't believe I am the mom of a ten year old. And then yesterday my husband turned the big 40! I can't believe that either because I fell in love with him when I was 13 and it is really hard to believe that much time has passed.

I laughed at him last night because we both kinda moaned when we got in bed because the sheets felt like ice. He said that he was going to buy him an electric blanket. I had to rub in that he is officially old when he's longing for an electric blanket. I like to pick on him because I am a few years behind him.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebrating our Saviour's birth. I also hope your new year is off to a great start. I am in a totally different place than I was last year at this time. I look forward to sharing with you over the next few weeks the journey I had with the Lord last year.

Have a great Wednesday!

post signature

No comments: