Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Waiting on the LORD...

Psalm 130:5-6 reads "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord, more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning."

Today I was helping my son determine what type of punctuation should go at the end of a list of sentences. We read the rules regarding the different types of sentences and the punctuation that should be used. Based on the punctuation mark that you give it, the sentence can almost change meaning. I thought about that when I read the title I gave this post...Waiting on the Lord.

Go back to second grade with me and let's give it a punctuation mark.

Waiting on the LORD? Posed as a question it begs an answer.

Waiting on the LORD! The exclamation mark displays strong feelings and emotion.

Waiting on the LORD. With the simple period, it is a statement.

So what mark best applies to you right now? I know for me, I am waiting expectantly on the LORD with some pretty strong emotion. Yes, my soul waits for Him more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.

May you seek the Lord as you go about your day!

Laurie

No comments: