Thursday, August 14, 2008

No Need for Portion Control!

I have peaked your interest haven't I. I have never been very good with portion control. I really enjoy some good food and have been know on occassion to enjoy some bad food. Pretty much I just like food. My mother tells me I came into the world that way. Well, I want to share with you a "portion" that you can heap on your plate and loose all control with.

I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:24

Finally, a diet I can live with! Do you know what I have found? The more I make Him my portion the more satisfied I am with every other part of my life. How satisfied are you with your life? Maybe you are trying to cut back on the wrong things. Try a little more Jesus, increase your portion of Him by spending more time in His Word, by spending more time in prayer, by spending more time with other believers and just see what He will do for you.

Well, I want to leave you today with my favorite verse of scripture and I think I like it so much because of the sweet taste my Jesus leaves in my life.

Taste and see that the Lord is good. Psalms 34:8

All these analogies of food are making me hungry. I have had breakfast, but I am not above a mid morning snack.

Have a great day in Him!

Laurie

3 comments:

LA said...

This is great. I often find it difficult to work the Lord into my day (when I should be working my day completely around Him). Most days I barely have time to say, Good morning Lord, Please take my hand (both of my hands) and guide me through our day together. However, since I do spend a lot of time on the computer for work (and enjoyment) I am very much looking forward to spending time on your blog. This is a great way to get my day going and give me inspiration to seek Him from the beginning of each day. Just the 2 days if have read so far have already spoken to me and has pushed me to seek Him more throughout my day. Thank you for your postings to get me excited again. I am looking forward to future blogs.

Anonymous said...

I love this! And I completely relate to it. The Lord is sooo good, but I fail so often to make him that top priority in my life. I always make sure to eat though, funny, huh? If I could just give Him everything and let Him plan my day... how much better it would be!!! Back to why do I do the things I should not, but not the things I should. Thanks for the uplifting messages. I am so excited to see your blog spot!! You just don't know how refreshing it is.

MES said...

This is really great. I have been feeling as dry and brittle as the Georgia ground these days. I have been in a drought ... but the good news is the thirst quenching living Word satisfies. I have found such relief from time spent with God in prayer, fellowship with other believers and intense study of His Word. This blog sight is just another source of that water. Looking forward to seeing what God lays on your heart next!!!