Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh Monday, Monday, Monday!

My Monday morning did not start out at all how I wanted it to. Why is it that on Monday your sheets hold you captive? My bed never feels better than on a Monday morning.

So, I surrendered to my sheets and sleep through the snooze about 4 or 5 times. When I finally mustered the energy to get up, well we had to throw it into high geer to make it to school on time. Of course my daughter did not feel the need to hurry or to like any of her clothes this morning. To say it was a struggle is an understatement.

I finally get us to the kitchen to be reminded that we did not have bread, waffles, muffin mix or basically anything. I did manage to find some pancake mix in the pantry, to which my daughter said she did not really want pancakes but she would eat them.

Well, thank you! (That pretty much sums up my feelings)

While serving my delicious breakfast, I spot some legs on our deck. The four legs look a lot like my dog but how can he be out of his invisible fence?

I had no time to think about the dog because I was busy being a drill sargent; "Get your shoes, brush your teeth, get your bookbag, HURRY, HURRY, HURRY!"

I was tempted to not return home after taking the kids to school because of all the fun that awaited me. My husband was in the bed not feeling well, my dog was muddy and out of his fence and Lucky (formerly know as Snowball) was starving.

I managed to get my dog back in his fence but not before I was muddy from head to toe. I also got Lucky fed. Then I headed to the bath where I wanted to sit for the rest of the day.

I concluded the day by feeding my children box macaroni and cheese but I made it healthy by serving it with apples and grapes. I had to serve this because I still don't have bread or much of anything else.

Oh Monday, Monday, Monday you never disappoint.

post signature

No comments: