Friday, February 20, 2009

It's T-Day!

We survived the tonsillectomy this morning. Amelia has done well but has not felt very good today. She has been really hungry but not able to really eat anything. It has been hard to watch her not feeling so great today.

Last night as we were tucking her in the bed, she grabbed my hand and with tears in her eyes said she did not want to have her tonsils out. Let me just say that this mama can take alot, but I can not take my baby being scared. It took everything with in me to hold back the floodgate of tears that wanted to break free.

I talked with her and told her that having her tonsils out was really what was best for her. I explained that even though she might not feel very good for a couple of days that she just had to trust us that this was best for her. I was saying all of this while trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

As I walked out of the room, the Lord spoke so softly to my heart. It was as if He was saying to me "that is exactly what I was trying to explain to you over this situation or that circumstance. You have got to trust me that I always know what is best for you." It has never been more clear to me. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to trust the Lord when you know the days ahead are going to be tough and painful.


post signature

No comments: