Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Day Mama Lost Her Mind...

If my kids wrote in a journal, this would probably be the title for today!

I do not know what happened to me, but whatever it was happened in about 2.5 seconds. I had a very busy day. This morning I had to go to the grocery store. I am not an extreme couponer by any means, but I do try to use them and save money. I made my list last night but this morning it took me over an hour to get my coupons together.

It was one of those days when everything you try to get done just doesn't work out. I get to the grocery store and as I gather my groceries my mood starts to shift. Do you know how expensive groceries are now? And then several items that I was going after were gone. I finally get all my stuff and head to check out. My cashier wasn't really enthusiastic about being at work today. When I pulled out my coupons that really did not excite her.

When I get home I look over my receipt and notice that my cashier did not give me credit for one of my coupons which was $3. I was headed to an appointment so I decided to go back by the grocery store. Then I go to another grocery store to get some meats because they were too expensive at the first store. This time my children are with me, which just adds to the fun of going to another grocery store.

We finally got home and then the meltdown started. Like I said, I don't really know what triggered it other than having everyone calling my name and asking me for something all at once. Then my husband walks in the door and his lovely wife greets him with her head spinning! Good Times!

I did have enough sense to go and have a little time out in my room to get myself back together.

Then it hit me. I got up in such a rush with my To Do that I did not start my day with the Lord. The reality is that I didn't really include Him in any part of my day. Oh sure, I listened to Praise and Worship music in the car but my mind was going ninety to nothing focusing on everything but the Lord.

I was so focused on what I needed to accomplish and my circumstances that I did not even think for one second that I have access to the Presence of Almighty God. I don't have to go through my day alone...I don't have to let my busyiness over take me...I just need to keep my eyes focused on Him.

I am very thankful for the newness that tomorrow brings. Thankful that tomorrow can be different.



post signature


No comments: