Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Trust You Jesus

This past week, I have had my own revival. There wasn't a special Preacher from out of town and no special music, unless you count me singing in my car. We did not meet Monday through Wednesday at 7:00 pm.

No, this wasn't a regularly scheduled revival and no one else was involved. Just me and Jesus.

Over the past few weeks I had let fear and doubt creep in to some areas in my life. And before I knew it they were being louder and more vocal than my faith. Thankfully, Jesus set me straight and reminded me that fear and doubt do not come from Him. I was also reminded that I needed to replace those things with faith.

So, I adopted a new saying...

I TRUST YOU JESUS!

I literally say this out loud when I start to feel fear and / or doubt trying to creep back in. Do you know what has happened as a result of this simple saying?

God has replaced the fear and doubt with His peace. I say it and immediately I feel better. When said, those four words demonstrate what is happening in my heart. Literally, I am trusting Jesus. No matter how uncertain I think things may be and how I would really like a little more confirmation in some areas, in my heart I do trust Jesus. I know that He alone is all powerful and all knowing and I know that He loves me and only wants what is best for me.

How could I not trust Him?

For several weeks, a church sign in my area had the following saying:

Faith is walking to the edge of the unknown and taking one more step.

Think about that for a moment...

That is a really cute saying but it is one of those things that is so hard to live out. A couple of years ago, God called me away from my career. I was making a great salary and loved where I was working. But I knew that if I stayed in my career that I would be missing a great journey with the Lord.

Guess what happened after I left my job...the economy took a nose dive. I had it all planned out that I would get a job at my children's school, that I would have their hours and the blue birds would begin circling my house and singing everyday all while carrying a yellow ribbon in their mouths.

Guess who had a hiring freeze...my kids school. But God provided for me and my family in ways that I never even dreamed of.

I find it easy to trust God when I am calling all the shots. When life is going along easy, peasy and I am comfortable. But that is not really trust at all. Trust involves abandoning my control of things and extending my hand to Him. Sometimes we may not feel His grasp but we still must extend our hand believing that He is there to guide us.

Before going into my boss' office to resign, I shut my office door and had a little talk with the Lord. I told Him that I wanted to be obedient to Him and that I was going to reach my hand out as far as I could. When He felt my fingers, I asked Him if He could just give me a little pull because I was scared to death of the unknown that awaited me.

He has been so faithful to me. He not only gave me a little pull but He held my hand and never let go. He promises us that He will never leave us or forsake us, never!

I pray today that you can rest in this promise. Rest knowing that God knows your name and every little detail about you. Rest knowing that He loves you more than you can imagine. And rest knowing that once you give Him your heart, He will never leave you or forsake you!

"My beloved is mine, and I am his..." Song of Solomon 2:16


post signature

No comments: