Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Overwhelmed...

I am overwhelmed. It is a place I have become very familiar with over the last several weeks, months or more truthfully, years. My feelings of being overwhelmed are often chased by feelings of failure because I feel so overwhelmed that I become stuck.

I will give you an example. I never feel "caught up" around my house. I can walk in any room in my house and begin to see lots of stuff that needs to be done. It may be something simple like clutter in the kids rooms or something a little more time consuming like organizing a closet. I have such grand and lofty goals for my home that most days they all seem so overwhelming that I don't tackle any of them. (Aside from the easy stuff like picking up dirty clothes) To be honest, I just figured this was a way of life for most people and I am not convinced that it isn't. However, I did have a friend tell me that she has nothing really to do at her house.

That statement is mind blowing to me.

Another area that I feel overwhelmed in is this new assignment I feel I have from the Lord to write a Bible study. Can I just tell you that it is so overwhelming to me that I do not even know where to begin. I had decided that I needed to carve me out a special place that would solely be for writing. I saw visions of cute girly decor in colors of green, pink and black. I said to myself..."Once I have it all organized then I can just sit down and get started."

That was two weeks ago and my upstairs desk is still as cluttered as ever.

Why?

Why am I content to live like this?

Why do I feel so at home in the land of Overwhelmness that I don't just pack up my bags and leave?

Well, I believe that I have stumbled onto some answers but first I want to hear from you.

Do you ever feel overwhelmed?


post signature

No comments: