Thursday, October 19, 2006

About Me

I am an ordinary woman serving an extraordinary God!

I am really very ordinary. I love to laugh but not at corny jokes. I love spending time with my family and my girlfriends are priceless to me. I have an unhealthy love of sweet tea, Reese's peanut butter cups and caramel. I am very tendered hearted toward children and you will never cry alone in my presence. I love music and have been known on more than one occasion to provide great entertainment to strangers sitting in cars next to me. Let's just say when I'm alone in my car singing there may or may not be dancing and hand motions involved. The one thing that is not ordinary about me is my Lord, Jesus Christ and my desire to know Him and serve Him with everything I have.


I am crazy about my husband, Cliff. We met when I was only thirteen years old and believe it or not I knew then that one day he would be my husband. We have been married for over seventeen years now. I am also crazy about my two children, Max and Amelia. They are my very special gifts from God. You see God chose to grow them in my heart instead of my womb. He brought them into our lives through adoption and I am so thankful for the priviledge of calling myself their mommy.

My hearts desire is to serve the Lord with my life. About fifteen years ago I prayed a very simple prayer to God declaring that I wanted to do whatever He wanted me to do, where ever He wanted me to do it and when ever He wanted me to do it. As I walked back to my seat that day I thought in the back of my mind that God would probably have me on the next plane to Africa. I will be honest and tell you I was a little frightened by the thought. Well, He never sent me to Africa and His calling for my life is not at all what I envisioned it to be. God has given me a passion for teaching women about Him and leading them to a closer relationship with Him. I am honored to share this passion by leading the Women's Ministry at my church, Unity Baptist and by being a speaker at various women's events.

You see I am proof that God takes the ordinary to show just how extraordinary He really is!