Monday, April 13, 2009

Waving Red, White and Blue

Today I am proud to be a resident of the city that I live in. If you drove through our city this morning you would have probably wondered what was going on. Fire trucks were pulled off on the side of the road with their lights flashing. Police cars were waiting at red lights with their lights flashing. And amid the rain and strong winds there stood men and women, boys and girls holding signs and waving flags.

Today our local Army Reserve Unit left our friendly little town headed to Iraq. They left behind wives expecting babies, loved ones fighting cancer, children and other family members all to protect the freedom that we take for granted.

Our church had the priviledge of hosting the Soldiers and their families for a Christmas dinner. We were also priviledged to have some of the Soldiers join us at one of our worship services. The sight of the Soldiers lined up across the altar with our Veterans standing behind them praying is a sight I will not too soon forget.

Please join me today in praying for our Soldiers that are stationed all over the world protecting our United States of America. Please also pray for their families who are also making a huge sacrifice.

Heavenly Father - I thank you for the men and women who are bravely fighting and protecting our freedom today. I pray that they will feel encouraged today and know that they are not forgotten. Please protect them and bring them home safely. Please be with their families that they left behind. Help us as your church to minister to them. Amen

post signature

1 comment:

Becky Avella said...

I'm praying with you!

My husband served six years in the Air Force before I met him. We have a soft spot for military families and are so thankful for their sacrifice. Thank you for this post. It reminded me of how proud I am to be an American.